A lot of you are new to my site and I thank you for visiting me!
I have been doing a family blog for 3 years and just recently decided to start the pleased plate as a way for my friends and family to see the different dishes I have been cookin' up. But then after commenting on a few awesome healthy living blogging sites; I, in turn have received some new readers here! I am humbled that you read my words, see my food and comment! I love getting comments and feedback and knowing that there is a little community of us that all enjoy and appreciate whole foods made at home!
I am a former 1st and 2nd grade teacher and now a stay at home mom to two wonderful daughters -- my taste testers! Everything I make at each meal is for the girls, my husband and I. I am not a short order cook -- no making separate meals for anybody. As a family, we explore the diverse tastes and flavors that you see here.
My husband has grown our all-organic garden in our backyard for the past three years. With his dedication and expertise, we have enjoyed an abundance of: swiss chard, beets, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, jalapenos, habanero peppers, bell peppers, serrano peppers, carrots, flat leaf parsley, basil, rosemary, oregano, eggplant, sunflower seeds, okra, strawberries and blackberries!
Thank you for visiting me and know that I value your feedback and have been greatly enriched by learning from you as well!
4 comments:
Nice post! How nice that you have an organic garden! I wish we had one, I tried to plant some swiss chard in a big pot but it didnt go well, we left for 2 weeks and they just sort of died...Maybe in the fall I will try again, it's just too hot right now for much of anything to grow. It's nice to find other bloggers out there tring to keep healthy food choices a priority!
How nice! ...I appreciate all the feedback on mine too! ....Yep, new reader here and I didn't know you were a teacher; I taught 2nd grade this last year! ....I truly like your sincerity! Keep it up!
I might need to get Farmer Tim to plant some strawberries for us next year. We would LOVE to come shopping for organic strawberries at your patch!!
I am a teacher too :) Happy to find your blog! Have a nice weekend!
Post a Comment