So the title of the recipe is hot punch and while I did follow the recipe and make it in the slow cooker, as soon as it was done steeping all of the flavors, I chilled it and put it over ice to enjoy cold! It is totally versatile! I would compare this to an Arnold Palmer which is a cold beverage consisting of half iced tea/half lemonade and all the rage this season. But, there is no tea in my concoction (which makes it kiddo friendly for the girls). It is made with cranberry juice, frozen lemonade, frozen orange juice and cinnamon sticks.
I can see this being great served warm in the winter, but it was a hit over ice as a tart, fruity, not-to-sweet sipping beverage for a hot afternoon.
Besides water, what quenches your thirst in the heat of the summer?
1 comment:
A nice glass of peach white sangria...homemade! Yum!
Post a Comment