poached pears in honey, ginger, and cinnamon syrup

This dessert was so delicious!  I simmered the pears in a simple syrup of honey, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla bean and Moscato wine.  Then I thickened the syrup a bit and drizzled it over the pear. I served it alongside a scoop of Tahitian vanilla bean gelato.  So elegant, you could serve this for a fancy dinner party, but your secret would be safe with me on how EASY this is to prepare.  Desserts make for such happy endings, don't they?

What is the fanciest dessert you like to eat?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like it was hard to do, but delicious and I'll take your word for it that it was easy.

Tiramisu is my favorite fancy dessert!!!!!!!!!!!

kitchenarian said...

I have always looked at poached pear recipes and thought that I wanted to make it. I just bought some Moscato wine for another recipe so this looks like the perfect time. It sounds wonderful with the honey and cinnamon.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! THIS looks like a winner in my book! :) Great work!

girl in the pink said...

wow, this looks so good! I want to try it!!

The McIntires said...

DQ Blizzards would have to be at the top of my fancy dessert list! A lot easier, but not as healthy as the yummy poached pear though... looks delish!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...