You'd think that as a family with two young girls we would eat spaghetti on a regular basis, but as it turns out, I can't remember the last time I made traditional spaghetti with marinara sauce. So when my 5 year old started requesting we have spaghetti this past week, I knew I could not do her any grave injustice by not making it, because seriously, kids and spaghetti go hand in hand, right?!
Into the pot went onion, carrot, celery, garlic and olive oil -- all sauteed until soft. Next came the crushed tomatoes, bay leaf and dash of salt and pepper. It simmered throughout the afternoon and the house smelled soooo good. Then I had to sneak a taste to make sure all of the flavors were coming together:
And so my daughter got her wish and we all enjoyed classic spaghetti for dinner tonight! Nothing will go to waste; the remainder of the marinara will freeze for up to three months. The next time spaghetti is requested, it will be as easy as heat and serve!
(recipe)
(recipe)
5 comments:
Thanks for stopping by Everyday Mom's Meals! Love your site. I'm adding you to my blog roll so I don't miss a thing!
www.everydaymomsmeals.blgospot.com
When my girls were little, spaghetti and meatballs were one of our mainstays. Now that they're teenagers, it still is!
Oh, I have tomatoes that neeeeed used! Maybe I should get busy! ;)
I bet that smelled and tasted delicious! Nice work and yes, spaghetti is perfect for kids. :-)
Mmmmm....there is nothing like homemade marinara and yours looks divine! That is one of my favorite things to make and now I feel inspired to whip up a batch!
Post a Comment