caesar dressing


A couple of weeks ago, I made a caesar salad with homemade dressing and it was definitely better than any bottled variety.  Today, I got real adventurous and made caesar dressing with one extra ingredient:
 Anchovy paste -- a definite first for me.  I thought I'd go big and see if this made any noticeable difference in the taste of the dressing.  And, oh my, yes, it enhanced the flavor in a wonderfully subtle way.  It added dimension, depth and an almost salty-spice to it.  Way cool and really good!  I am not scared of anchovy paste!  But ask me to use real anchovies with little eyeballs looking at me and I think I'll pass!
Caesar gourmet for lunch, yum!

2 comments:

Keri @ Blue-Eyed Runner said...

My dad makes his own caesar dressing too! So much better for you- no preservatives...

Anonymous said...

That TRULY adds a gourmet twist on things, YUM! ....The simpler the better and this salad looks a lot better than the ones you get when you go out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...