I wish I had a lemon tree in my backyard. I think the bright flavor of lemon adds so much zing to sweet and savory dishes alike.
Take this red potato dish for instance, these were the last of our new potatoes from the garden and with only olive oil and lemon, this became a sun-kissed side dish to eggs and sauteed garden veggies for our dinner tonight. It was breakfast for dinner at our house!
Now about that lemon tree, hmmm.....
~lemony potato hash~
1 lb. red new potatoes
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 lemon
Slice potatoes into 1/4 inch cubes. Cook potatoes in oil in skillet. After 10 minutes, add 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper. Cook until potatoes are tender and crispy, about 6 more minutes. Grate the zest of the lemon and 1 tsp. of the juice over the potatoes. Cook for 1 minute longer.
3 comments:
That sounds like a refreshing twist on potatoes! Will have to give it a try.
I love red potatoes, that sounds awesome. Even better that they came from your garden!
gosh those look good. almost like greek potatoes!
Post a Comment